Thursday, July 7, 2011

Spider Man called, he wants his pose back

Just a little piece of a piece of a panel involving... Ninjas!
However, Finally, all the projects on my plate are done. Time to start sniffing out some new ones I guess. Prospects, we have them. It's just a matter of some discussion to decide what is immediately next. My relationship with ink'dwell comics is now two projects deep, and will definitely be growing as the future progresses. You remember them, right?

There is also a certain submission to a certain publisher that's being worked on on the side with my writer from WTWTR, Jennie Roy. This one could take a little while to see the light of day however, as we want to absolutely nail this one.

And speaking of the goddamn Batman (well, I'm sure SOMEONE was), I've had an idea for a short (probably 3-5 pages) floating in my head for the last few days that I think I need to start putting on paper soon. It's less of an actual story and more so a personal exercise in visual transitions really. I know how I'm doing my page layouts and roughly whats going in every panel for the most part, but haven't even thought about the text itself yet. I may hand the finished art over to someone else along with an overview of the concept and let them fill in the words for me. I believe the appropriate term is "Holy ass backwards Batman".

And on a related note, I may be in the market for a colorist soon. I don't do colors. Well, I don't do them well at least. Having someone to collaborate with on that front would be amazing. I'd love to see some of my lineart fully colored (properly and well) so badly heh.

Hoping to start getting more art up soon and more often as I get the time to work on things that I can actually post here. I'm also thinking of posting some pics of my current work space in the near-ish future just to show the world how ghetto my studio really is. It is growing and improving (albeit slowly).

Until later days, Chewing sharpies and spitting on the page
NicO

No comments:

Post a Comment